Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Inspire Me Wednesdays

  Three things you can do,
           to live a  HAPPIER life.....
  

(taken from positivity blog)
Happiness must not always come from big things and events. It can come from smaller, daily habits too. So today I’d simply like to take a look at 3 quick tips and habits that help me to live a happier life. Pick one and see how it works for you.

1) Help someone.
Helping someone out is one of simplest but also one of the most powerful things one can do to live a happy life.
How can you help someone out? By giving them value in some form. Such forms could be:
  • Offering some practical help. With for example work, moving houses or cooking dinner.
  • Giving some good advice. People may not always want advice but if they ask then give your best advice based on your experience.
  • Being understanding instead of judgmental. Two questions that can help with that are: What parts of this person can I see in myself? How is he or she like me?
  • Hugs. The comfort of one hug or more can make the other person’s situation at least a bit better


2) Have a low bar for happiness.
This is something I have experimented with lately.
I tell myself this when I wake up in the morning: “Have a low bar for happiness today.”
As I tell myself this and try to keep it in mind during the day I appreciate things more. The food, my work, the weather, the small events of the day becoms not everyday stuff but something I feel happy to have. The small or what may be something one takes for granted becomes something I now often pause for a moment or two to take in and appreciate.


3) Be kind to yourself.
Comparing what you have and your results to what other people have and have accomplished can really kill your motivation and keep your self-esteem at a low level. There are always people ahead of you.

So focus on you. On your results. And how you can and have improved your results. This is important because it’s a great motivator to see how much you have improved and how far you have come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!